Arc'teryx Alpha SV: The Best Shell Jacket Just Keeps Getting Better!by JONES on AUGUST 6, 2013
Arc’teryx is an outdoor clothing company that’s renowned for their stylish, top-of-the-line sporting goods and active wear clothing.The company was founded in 1989 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and since then they have enjoyed tremendous success due to their constant innovation and their commitment to exceeding customers’ expectations. The company's mission is simple: To produce the finest products possible! To accomplish this goal, the company focued their attention on achieving the perfect balance of form and function.
The company derived its name from the Archaeopteryxlithographica, the first reptile to develop feathers for flight. In fact, the Arc'teryx logo is a replica of the most complete set of Archaeopteryxlithographica fossils that were ever discovered. Arc’teryx realized that their innovative designs coupled with the most durable and highest quality material available would result in a product unlike anything available in the market today. Since their inception, the company has won numerous awards from Men’s Journal, Outside, and Powder magazine, as well as earning the coveted title of European Outdoor Product of the Year in 2000.
The company’s first set of products were climbing-related but they’ve since expanded to manufacturing a wide assortment of outdoor technical gear including backpacks, harnesses, and jackets.
Related: More Company History and Information
The Alpha SV
The Alpha SV is one of the most popular products in the Arc’teryx line. The first rendition of this jacket was created in 1998 in response to hikers and climbers who were in need of a jacket that was lightweight, waterproof, and more importantly, capable of working with a harness. Thus, the Alpha SV was created! It was so well-received and so far ahead of its time that it became an instant classic and it forever changed the landscape of the industry.
Research and Development
Thanks in large part to Arc’teryx’s unwavering commitment to research and development, the Alpha SV has enjoyed numerous upgrades since its first release. It’s sleeker and more durable than ever and it’s now also equipped with several advancements that make this jacket light-years ahead of the competition.
Here’s the list of features available on this jacket:
- Designed to be sleek, streamlined, and stylish.
- Custom fit and decreased chest circumference to allow for better arm movement.
- Gore-Tex Pro shell woven fabric for extra durability against the harshest elements.
- WaterTight zippers and enclosures to protect belongings and maintain insulation.
- Harness compatible with crossover pockets and removable HemLock inserts to stabilize the jacket when using a harness.
- Underarm zips for additional venting.
- Patented N80p-X GORE-TEX to provide waterproof protection. It allows moisture to escape from the inside but won’t allow moisture to enter from the outside so you stay dry and comfortable.
- StormHood with drawstring that provides extra protection for the neck, head, and lower face, and large enough to accommodate a helmet.
Every aspect of this jacket has been refined to provide you with the best protection possible and it’s durable enough to withstand any environment you throw at it. Simply put: The Arcteryx Alpha SV is the best GORE-TEX jacket available today!